With Summer in full swing, it`s time to organize a beach party. Here are a few tips to get you started:
At the Beach
- A cool party sign with balloons will show your guests where the party is happening.
- Add some beach umbrella`s to give shade for those who want, this will at the same time serve as decoration.
- A quick way to add color to your party is to place some bright colored beach towels, blankets and cushions. This will also provide seating for your guests.
I found this really cool recipe of mango and raspberry margaritas, you can make them ahead and put them in the freezer. This is also perfect as a beach party drink. Or how about adult Capri Suns with vodka?
- Serve freshly made lemonade, here`s a recipe for watermelon and strawberry lemonade.
Don`t forget to bring a cooler to keep those drinks cold!
- Snacks: pretzels, chips and popcorn will do the trick, especially if you adjust the containers.
- Bring a small grill (or two), some burgers, hot dogs or meat on a stick and you`re good to go. Make sure you either grill the meat straight away or bring a cooler to preserve the food.
- How about some beach cupcakes for the sweet tooth among us or a healthier choice: fresh food as dessert.
- Build sand castles, fun for young and old
- Have a dance contest! Put on some tunes and dance your heart out.
- If it`s allowed at your beach (check first if you can!), have a bonfire. These are great to gather around to enjoy each other’s company and maybe have some s`mores.
- Play games. Here`s a great list of beach games.
Need some inspiration for a beach outfit? Check out THE 5 Beach Outfit Ideas.
Not at the beach? No worries, you can still have a beach party at home with a few tricks.
- Have a beach theme like a surf party or a Hawaiian Luau, instant beach feeling!
- Turn on a great playlist of beach music with the likes of the Beach Boys, Bob Marley or Jimmy Buffet… who says you need a beach for a good beach party?
- Use big tubs with ices to keep drinks cool or even a small kids pool filled with ice will do the job.
For a Kids Beach Party
- Use cookie cutters to makes funny shapes out of fresh food
- Make Kiwi popsicles! You can do this with more than just kiwis, how about pieces of watermelon on a stick.
- Serve candy as beach balls
- Have a major water fight with water balloons or water pistols
- Blow bubbles
- Have a sand box ready for them to feel the sand between their toes